Monday, September 5, 2011

Distractions

Two months ago I thought I was a reformed blogger. After years of sporadic posts I was on the road to consistency. I felt good about the frequency of my posts; I was on a roll. Oh the dangers of confidence! It has been two months since my last post. 

I can offer some credible reasons for my lapse. First, our plans to replace the flooring in our home morphed into a comprehensive home renovation. We moved out of the main floor of our house, storing our furniture, library, and the contents of our kitchen in an offsite storage unit and every spare inch of upstairs space. Five weeks ago our small kitchen was demolished, taken down to bare walls and naked slab. Custom built cabinets are slowly appearing and there is hope that the renovations will be finished before our older son's wedding on October 22nd.

Second excuse reason: William Cody (our first grandchild) arrived five weeks early. Adorable, adorable and worth every bit of distraction. I wouldn't trade anything for the week we spent in Santa Fe welcoming this precious addition to our family.

Reason three: Chaos in our home creates chaos in my mind. I find it difficult to think in the midst of a mess. And there is so much to think about: paint colors, granite, floor tile, hardwood, back splashes, draperies and a million other decisions (all dependent on one another), my presentation for ACU's Summit, the resumption of my small group Bible study, the wedding and much more.

Sooooo, watch this space for updates on Cody, renovations, Summit, and the minor prophets.

Third reason:

1 comment:

Dana Frieling said...

So fun to find you in "blogland," Cynthia. Congratulations on your grandbaby!