Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Lazy Summer?

Whatever happened to the lazy days of summer? Lazy certainly doesn't describe my summer. Last week was the first week of a two week summer class in New Testament Theology. The class is taught by Dr. Tom Olbricht, who is a renowned New Testament scholar. This week I am busy preparing for the second week of class and the CbW trip to St. Petersburg, Russia. Still, I am determined to whittle away at my books-to-be-read stack. Right now I am reading Eat This Book: A Conversation in the Art of Spiritual Reading by Eugene Peterson. He has some powerful things to say about the way we approach Scripture. I plan to share some of what he says in this space. The books-to-be read stack also includes: Mere Discipleship by Lee Camp Simply Christian by N.T. Wright Renovation of the Heart by Dallas Willard What's So Amazing About Grace by Phillip Yancey The Sacred Way: Spiritual Practices for Everyday Life by Tony Jones From Symposium to Eucharist by Dennis Smith The Christian Life by Karl Barth What are you reading this summer? Let me know, I may need to add it to the stack.

No comments: